Delighted and honored to be working with team leaders at Automattic on a coaching pilot program which was launched this fall. As we only have one hour together I try to squeeze as much value into the time we have. Are you working with a coach or thinking about it?
If so, here are some tips on how to get the best out of your coaching experience!
- Bring real life issues that you want help with
- Understand that you drive the agenda
- Ask for what you need
- Ask questions if you don’t understand
- Skip the small talk and dive in deep
- Be comfortable with the silence; coaches stay quiet to give you time to think and reflect
- Share your fears
- Be comfortable with being a bit vulnerable, it’s a confidential relationship!